Is it really the end of week 9?! Will I really be home for Christmas in just 19 days?! AHHH!!! So exciting!!
But before I get too caught up in thinking about that… Here’s what’s been going on this week!
God has really been showing me how to be more patient. Which if you know me well, you know that’s not one of my best qualities. He’s done this in several ways this week, from me having to wait on Him for answers to just plain sticking to knitting a hat without giving up. ha.
This week in class we’ve been learning about the kingdom of Heaven and our worldview from Don Stephens. The way he teaches has definitely given me a lot to think about and challenged me to dig into the Bible to search things out for myself.
Things to think about:
- An apple only has five seeds, but how many apples does one seed make? We are only one group of people, but how many will come to have a relationship with God through the seeds we plant?
- God has called us to make disciples not to convert people to our “religion”. Jesus didn’t ask people, “Hey want to go to heaven? Ok, pray this. Peace out.” He had relationship with them, came to their level, hung out with the least of the people, taught them how to live, and they came to know Him through the love He showed. This is the same thing He has called us to do. Befriend people, teach them how to love as God loves, show them how to walk things out.
What’s coming up next?
- Thanksgiving outreach November 28-30 (serving meals to people in Louisville)
- CHRISTMAS BREAK!!!!!!! December 13-26
- Stateside outreach December 27-January 6 (My team will be ministering in North Carolina & Tennessee)
- India outreach!! January 8- February 22
Prayer request for this week:
- Financial aid to continue to come in for my teammates and myself.
- People to be blessed this week during our Thanksgiving outreach.
- Me, that God will give me words to start conversations with people during outreaches.
If you have anything you would like prayer for, please feel free to email, call, text, or facebook me :)
I love you all soooooooo much!!! <3
Awesome video we watched this week: